Steps to Obtain Your Phlebotomy License (CPT1)
Students will meet the State requirements of 80 hours through our state approved program
Fee’s for the following 5 steps will be $1,997.00
This will include a nonrefundable student recovery fund paid to the State
ALL STUDENTS WILL NEED TO COMPLETE ALL 5 STEPS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CPT 1 LICENSE
- Complete a 20 hours - Basic Phlebotomy course. $550 (weekend classes)
- Complete a 20 hours - Advance Didactic Phlebotomy course. $550 (weekend classes)
- Complete a 40-hour Clinical Externship. Students will document 50 successful venipunctures and 10 successful skin punctures during the 40 hours. The fee is $650 Clinical hours will need to be completed Monday - Friday 8am-5pm consecutively, unless prior arrangements are made. We will provide hours for all students to attend a check off session, prior to being placed in a clinical site in addition extra practice hours in the office. *Please note: Due to insurance liability all students will need to complete the 40 hrs. clinical through WTI, unless prior notification is provided "in writing" at the time of enrollment.
- Pass national exam: National Test Company- (NHA) http://www.nhanow.com requires all students to register at least 2 weeks prior to any test date, you may debit the testing fee in the amount of $117 then contact us for sitting time.
WTI requires all students to call ahead for test time (800) 845-8353. On test day each student must present a valid government ID and the sitting fee of $30.00.
- Apply for state license: Laboratory Field Services, Department of Public Health Services, requires all students to submit an application. Please call and make an appointment (800) 845-8353 we will assist each student.