Steps to Obtain Your Phlebotomy License (CPT1)
Students will meet the State requirements of 80 hours through our state approved program
Fee’s for the following 5 steps will be $1,995.00
This will include a nonrefundable student recovery fund paid to the State
ALL STUDENTS WILL NEED TO COMPLETE ALL 5 STEPS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CPT 1 LICENSE
- Complete a 20 hours - Basic Phlebotomy course. $550 (weekend classes)
- Complete a 20 hours - Advance Didactic Phlebotomy course. $550 (weekend classes)
- Complete a 40 hour Clinical Externship. Students will document 50 successful venipunctures and 10 successful skin punctures during the 40 hours. The fee is $650. Clinical hours will need to be completed Monday - Friday 8am-5pm consecutively, unless prior arrangements are made. We will provide hours for all students to attend a check off session, prior to being placed in a clinical site in addition extra practice hours in the office. *Please note: Due to insurance liability all students will need to complete the 40 hr. clinical through WTI, unless prior notification is provided “in writing” at the time of enrollment.
- Pass national exam: National Test Company- NHA http://www.nhanow.com requires all students to register and pay at least 2 weeks prior to any test date, you may debit the testing fee $115. Wagner Training Institute, Inc. requires all students to call ahead for test time (800) 845- 8353. The day of the test, students must present a valid California DL & $30 sitting fee.
- Apply for state license: Laboratory Field Services, Department of Health Services requires all students to submit an application and pay $100. We will assist students with this process. Students may call for an appointment and come to our office: 1040 Nevada Street, Suite 305, Redlands, CA 92374 to complete this process online (800) 845-8353. License renewal is required every 2 years and in addition all students are required to complete 6 CE units. All foreign degree evaluations must be performed by either NACES or AICE (mailed direct to student). Students may contact: Wagner Training Institute, Inc. (800) 845- 8353