Phlebotomy Course of Instruction for 2020
WTI is a private institution which has been approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
WTI provides a complete comprehensive 80-hour course of instruction. Our qualified staff includes the following: Physician’s Assistant (PA) and Licensed Phlebotomists (CPT 1) with years of instructing and hands on experience in the field of phlebotomy. Students will learn at their own pace, step by step instruction.
The Basic and Advance course will include the following:
- Basic venous anatomy, anatomy and physiology, the circulatory system, and video observation of arterial punctures.
- Introduction and demonstration of the following: evacuated collection system, syringe, butterfly, and capillary punctures.
- Introduction to the Safety Needle Act mandated by OSHA
- Contemporary sterilization procedures and protocol.
- Instruction in blood borne pathogen control.
- Instruction includes: Syllabus, as well as handout materials, lecture, and state of the art audio visual aids.
- Health care settings, Medical Law and Ethics, Preanalytical Errors, Medical Terminology, Specimen handling and processing.
- The Phlebotomy course will cover the basic and didactic advance materials needed to prepare students for the National Phlebotomy Exam.