Phlebotomy Course of Instruction - 2017
Wagner Training Institute, Inc. provides a complete comprehensive 80 hour course of instruction. Our qualified staff includes the following: Board Certified Doctor of Osteopath (DO), Physician’s Assistant (PA), Registered Nurses and Licensed Phlebotomists (CPT 1) with years of instructing and hands on experience in the field of phlebotomy. Students learn at their own pace, with step by step instruction.
The Basic and Advance course will include the following:
- Basic venous anatomy, anatomy and physiology, the circulatory system, and video observation of arterial punctures.
- Introduction and demonstration of the following: evacuated collection system, syringe, butterfly, and capillary punctures.
- Introduction to the Safety Needle Act mandated by OSHA.
- Contemporary sterilization procedures and protocol.
- Instruction in blood borne pathogen control.
- Instruction includes Phlebotomy Essentials 5th Edition, as well as handout materials, lecture, and state of the art audio visual aids.
- Health care settings, Medical Law and Ethics, Preanalytical Errors, Medical Terminology, Specimen handling and processing.
- The Phlebotomy course will cover the basic and didactic advance materials needed to prepare students for the National Phlebotomy Exam.
- California Board of Registered Nurses Provider #CEP 11135
- EMS CE Provider #62-2021, EMT-P’s and EMT-1’s
- 20-40 Continuing Education Units for Registered Nurses, Emergency Medical Technicians, Certified Medical Assistants
- CPR certification-American Heart 3.5 hours for a total fee $50